Spider Bite.

Last summer Eleanor had an allergic reaction to what was likely a spider (or some sort of bug) bite. She was vomiting and her nose swelled up significantly.

Luckily we were able to take her to the Vet who gave her an allergy pill like Benadryl to make the swelling go down. Now we always have a bottle of Benadryl at hand.


Eleanor is also allergic to the Leptospirosis vaccine as we found out when she was a puppy. We knew something was wrong when she went very cold, her gums swelled and turned blue, and she was very lethargic. Our vet says this is a common allergy in dachshunds. So Eleanor has to stay away from shallow water and puddles…which since she hates water is pretty easy. It’s the mud puddles that are a little harder to keep her out of (dog chocolate).

2 Responses

  1. I get a mild reaction to vaccines if I don’t have half a children’s benadryl before hand
    Dachshund Nola
    Dachshund Nola recently posted..Mom’s New CameraMy Profile

  2. Poor Eleanor and her swollen little beak :)

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge
  • On Twitter Now


Eleanor

Eleanor is a 4 year old mini dachshund who lives a spoiled life in Ottawa Canada. This blog will be about the dachshund good life.